Neck Rash Treatment
As the name suggests, neck rash is associated with the neck. It usually appears as red, pink or irritated skin. It is mostly common in babies. It also causes change in color and texture of the skin, forming bumps and blisters. Neck rashes are very itchy in nature and are mainly due to heat which causes sweating. It generally occurs in summer. There are many treatment of neck rash which are available in the market by which you can reduce the pain and discomfort. Before looking at the treatment of neck rash, it is important to know its symptoms and causes.
- Acne- It is a disorder of the skin resulting from the action of hormones on the sebaceous glands (skin oil glands). In acne, pimples appear mostly on the face and the neck.
- Barber’s rash- It is an infection of the follicles of the facial hair. It is usually due to lack of hygiene during shaving i.e. using dirty razor, shaving brushes or even towels.
- Eczema- It is a chronic skin condition which causes itchiness, inflammation, redness and swelling of the skin. It also includes many types of eczema like atropic eczema, allergic contact eczema, and seborrheic eczema.
- Folliculitis- It is an inflammation of the hair follicles. It is caused due to an attack of bacteria that enter the follicles, causing a bacterial infection. Red, itchy and bumpy rashes appear on the skin.
- Food allergies- It causes an over reaction of the immune system to a particular food substances. These are very common in individuals. It also causes swelling, itching and inflammation of the skin.
- Impetigo- It is an infection of the skin caused by bacteria. It is contagious and can be spread through contact with a person or the use of infected clothing, towels or some personal items. It is generally caused by bacterium Group A streptocococcus.
- Lupus- It is also a chronic disease, which spreads throughout the body including the skin, joints, muscles and other body parts. It is an autoimmune disease which damages and destroys the affected tissues or organs.
- Measles- It is a viral disease that affects the respiratory track including the throat, lungs and bronchial tubes. It can also lead to serious problems, or might be life threatening. It can be prevented with the use of vaccination.
- Psoriasis- It is a chronic disorder marked by raised area of the skin. It includes red or pink patches of skin which is covered with a whitish layer.
Treatment of neck rash
- Stop using soaps, lotion or other things that causes irritation and inflammation to the skin
- Avoid direct rays from the sun, as it can form itchy bumps
- Use olive oil to moisturize the skin
- Maintain cleanliness by using an antibacterial cleanser, as it will remove the irritant that causes neck rash
- Apply hydrocortisone cream to the affected area, as it helps to soothe the rashes and cure itchiness.
- Use Aloe Vera gel over the rash, as it is a natural healing process which helps to soothe the irritated skin
- Use ice packs, as it will cool the rash and provide great relief
- Apply oatmeal paste by mixing oatmeal and water in equal quantity, and apply it for 20 minutes. It also provides great relief from inflammation of the skin
- Drink lots of water because in case of dehydration, the neck rash may get worsen
- Wash the affected area well and remove the dirt and moisture
Despite of these remedies, if the neck rash persists then it is recommended to immediately visit a doctor. The doctor might change the medicine or increase the dose of the medicine depending upon the severity of the rash. Neck rash treatment should not be ignored, since the rash can lead to several other problems.