Acute Bronchitis Natural Treatment
Bronchitis is the inflammation of bronchial tubes, which do the job of carrying air to the lungs. This infection results into cough that often tightens the chest, causes breathing problems with constant cough and fever. Swelling of feet and ankle, wheezing and fatigue are also observed in people suffering from bronchitis. The cough is very hard and lasts for weeks and sometimes even months. Bronchitis is caused by smoking, inhalation of harmful vapors and fumes, excessive consumption of tobacco etc. Bronchitis can also happen when you have constant hard cough and if it is not treated in time.
Bronchitis is generally differentiated into two types:-
1:- Acute Bronchitis and
2:- Chronic Bronchitis
Acute bronchitis happens due to inhalation of dust particles, air pollution and also when you get physically in touch with infected people. It also happens when constant cough or fever are ignored and not treated properly. This infection is commonly observed in children and other individuals due to changes in season. When not treated properly or ignored, this infection can further lead to chronic bronchitis.
Some of the causes and symptoms of acute bronchitis are as follows:-
- Breathing problems due to difficulty in passing of air in and out of lungs
- Constant Fever
- Chest Discomfort
- Excessive Smoking
- Gas allergy
- Dust particles
- Common cold
Chronic bronchitis is the advanced stage of acute bronchitis. Chronic bronchitis causes inflammation and irritation in the bronchial tubes and also blocks the passing of air through lungs which further results into constant dry cough and heavy fever. The person finds it very hard to breathe as the mucus plugs up the air you breathe. A survey proves that this infection affects women more than men. Treatment of Chronic bronchitis is different from that of acute bronchitis. It is very important to take regular medicines and cure it as ignoring can cause permanent damage in the airways.
- Smokers cough
- Chest discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in breathing and wheezing
- Constant coughing after waking up in the morning
- Swelling of ankle and legs
- Upper respiratory track infection
- Q fever
Natural treatment on Acute bronchitis:-
- Lobelia, which is well known for relaxing the respiratory muscles reducing coughing. But it is very important to take precautions while consuming as it can lead to vomiting and nausea.
- Herbs such as marshmallow root, mullein and slippery elm are recommended for soothing the irritated tissues
- Eucalyptus oil is often recommended for the treatment of mucus and repairing the respiratory system
- Tea form of Bromelian is often recommended for decreasing and liquefying bronchial secretions
- Pycnogenol is often used as a powerful antioxidant for protecting lungs and cleaning all the dangerous substances
- Siberian and American ginseng are recommended for reducing the inflammation and clearing the bronchial passages
- Turmeric is used as a medicine on bronchitis. Half a teaspoon of turmeric should be added in half a glass of milk.
- Onions are well known for curing bronchitis since years. They help in liquefying the phlegm and also prevent its further formation.
- Almonds are useful for curing this infection. Dosage:- Take five to seven almonds, make a powder and mix it into orange or lemon juice. Three to four glasses of consumption is recommended on a regular basis.
- Powder of chicory is often recommended for this infection. Dosage:- Half a teaspoon mixed with one full teaspoon of honey.
- Forty to sixty grams of fresh leaves of Spinach should be mixed in one glass of water. One teaspoon of honey and a pinch of ammonium chloride should be added to this mixture.
- The menthol in peppermint is also used as it cleans the airways and also fights with bacteria and other viruses that infect.
- Hyssop is a bee attracting herb which is often used as expectorant for prevention of this disease. Its syrups are readily available in the market.
- Garlic is also effective as it helps in fighting bacteria and other viruses that cause cold and flu
- Licorice is a one-step remedy for treating bronchitis. It is well known for its anti- inflammatory, expectorant and antiviral properties.
These are the natural treatments for curing bronchitis. However, it is recommended that the person affected from this infection should not treat it at home and consult the doctor as soon as possible. If this infection is ignored, the symptoms can worsen.
The above article provides you with all the essential information on bronchitis. It also helps you to understand the natural treatments which can be used for the eradication of this infection.