Wolf Spider Bite Treatment
Wolf spider is a type of a spider that contains poison within itself, but is not life-threatening. Usually these types of bites are not seen inside the house; rather they are noticed outside the house i.e. in the surroundings, mostly in the dirty areas. The size of the wolf spider ranges from half inch to four inches. It has a hairy body and is mostly found in America. A total of 150 species of wolf spiders exist throughout the world. The wolf spider is grayish-brown in color and has a stripe on the back. The wolf spider has a total of eight eyes, four at the bottom of the row, two in the middle row and two in the top row. The wolf spider searches their victim all throughout the day and night.
The symptom of wolf spiders differs from one individual to another. Common wolf bite symptoms are nausea, swelling in the affected area, dizziness, inflammation, abdominal pain, increase of pulse rate, mild to severe pain, fatigue, muscle pain, and redness around the affected area. So it is important to follow the wolf spider bite treatment at the earliest, so that the further damage can be ignored.
The treatment of wolf spider bite depends upon the symptoms and causes of the bite. Usually wolf spider bite is treated at home or with certain medicines. The treatment of wolf spider bite may differ from person to person and with the dose too. The initial treatment includes the washing of the wound by soap and water. It is preferred to use medicated soap or antibacterial soap for cleaning the wound. After that, just tie a bandage over the wound, so that the poison may not enter in the whole body and then rush to the doctor for further medical assistance.
Below are some of the other treatments that need to be followed in order to cure wolf spider bite.
- Apply of ice-packs on the affected area, as it will reduce the pain and swelling to a great extent.
- You can also use a wet towel for the reduction of pain and the inflammation
- Use of medicines such as antihistamines or antibiotics, to reduce the effect of itching and swelling
- Over-the-counter medication is also given to the patient to decrease the effect of the symptoms of wolf spider bite.
- Pain killer such as acetaminophen can also be taken in order to reduce pain and headache
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can also be used for controlling the pain and swelling to a great extent.
- Apply an antibiotic cream such as Hydrocortisone 1% cream to reduce pain and inflammation to a great extent.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on the affected area, as it will reduce swelling and inflammation to a certain extent.
- Wash the wound with hydrogen peroxide to ease out pain.
Precautionary measures for wolf spider bite
- Clean the house with vacuum cleaner and it will remove the spiders as well as the dust particles which are found under the bed, or inside the holes in the furniture
- Use heat compress to kill the spiders, since the spiders are susceptible to extreme heat, as you can put all your home articles such as mattresses, carpets or other furniture under the direct rays of sun.
- Spray of pesticides or other different pest control methods to kill the spiders
- Clean the windows and doors of your house
- Check the clothes before wearing them
These are some of the precautionary measures and treatments of wolf spider bite. It is very important to follow these treatments in order to feel better as well as reduce the symptoms of wolf bite to a great extent. Another important thing is that you should never ignore the symptoms.