Home Remedies for Tick Bites
As we know that ticks are another type of insect, which is usually, found in the United States and its bite is the second largest in the whole world, after spider bite. The bite of the tick causes illness or certain diseases, which are contagious in nature i.e. it can get transmitted from one infected person to the other. There are two types of ticks, namely hard tick and soft tick. Both the name is according to their features, i.e. hard tick has a harder body structure and soft tick comprises of a soft structure. The hard tick is irregular in structure and the soft has a regular and rounded structure. The symptoms of the tick bite ranges from mild to severe, depending upon the situation. Some of the symptoms are nausea, fatigue, numbness, vomiting, fever, flu, intense pain and swelling in the affected area, confusion, formation of rashes and burning sensation. Therefore, treatment is necessary for curing tick bite, and so home remedies for tick bite are preferred.
Home remedies for tick bite is preferred to medical treatment, since it does not contain any side-effects. It includes some of the herbal and natural remedies too.
- Applying ice-packs on the bitten area for at least 20-30 minutes until the swelling reduces to a great extent.
- Another method for cooling the area is by placing a wet cloth to the affected area for at least 6 hours.
- It is recommended to have over-the-counter medication, as it helps to reduce the pain and other symptoms of tick bite.
- You can also apply tea tree oil on the bitten area for reducing itchiness and pain. It is recommended to apply at least one drop each four hourly.
- Lavender oil is also used to reduce the effect of itchiness to a great extent. You can notice a quick change in the pattern of relief. It is applied 1-2 drops four times a day and in between if the itching starts again. It is one of the best herbal remedies for curing the symptoms of tick bite.
- Aloe Vera oil is another important herbal remedy, as it reduces the effect of inflammation and swelling to a great extent.
- Use peppermint oil to ease out the pain and swelling to a great extent.
- Calamine lotion can also be applied on the wounded area to reduce the effect of itching.
- Wash the wound with hydrogen peroxide, as it soothes the inflammation to a great extent.
- Nonprescription medicine can reduce the symptoms like inflammation, itching sensation, swelling and redness of the affected area.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be applied to the infected area, so as to reduce pain caused due to tick bite.
- Buttermilk is another useful home remedy for the curing of tick bites
Precautionary measure for the tick bite
- Firstly it is important to clean the house
- Spray of pesticides or different pest control methods can be used for killing of the ticks.
- Avoid scratching the bitten area, as itching sensation can be intense
- It is recommended to clean the bitten area with soap and water. Try to use a medicated soap for cleaning the wound. This will help to reduce the infection to a certain extent.
- Avoid heat on the affected area, as it can damage the wound
These are some of the home remedies for tick bite, which should followed by certain precautionary measures. Remember one thing; do not ignore any of the symptoms otherwise, it can lead to severe complications.Related Tags: home remedy for tick bite, home remedy for tick bites, remedy for tick bites, natural remedy for tick bite, tick bite remedy, tick bite relief, tick bite home treatment, natural remedy for infected tick bite